By: Erin Gloster, Editorial Intern
Watching the 2014 Moving Your Business Forward Conference was not only educational but entertaining. From the several panelists with different backgrounds to the topics that were discussed, many tips on how to grow your business were shared. Audience members enjoyed the advice from all panelists from the three separate sessions. In case you missed it, here is some information that was shared during the conference:
- Small businesses can compete with larger businesses with the help of cloud technology
- Supplier diversity certification is necessary in helping your business move forward
- When determining whether or not a company should be certified, the CEO is checked for ownership, control of the company, personal network consideration, size of the company, etc.
- Companies are looking to partner with small businesses that offer sustainable products (environmentally safe), without additional costs
- When moving your business forward, your business must be competitively attractive (“How do you distinguish yourself from the competition?”)
- To sell a product, or enhance your business, know who your customers are!
- 85% of consumer purchases are influenced by women
- Logos must stand out from the crowd
- Position your brand (Brand Positioning) – Who are you marketing to? High end? Low end?
- Become appropriately present on social media! Creates…social relevance, profit, promotion and awareness, customer relationship management
From Supplier Diversity Certification to the Cloud, to branding and social media this conference provided many small business owners with tips on how to move their business forward.
Join our email list to stay connected.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login