By Tiffany Pennamon, Editorial Intern
Smartphone applications have changed the way in which we connect to the world, interact with people, and even run businesses. Without them, competitors like Apple, Google, and BlackBerry would not be as successful as they are with their App Markets. There are millions of apps to choose from all ranging in multiple functions and tasks. NerdWallet.com recently put together a top list of applications that every small business owner should use and how it will help run your business.
Here are a few of the apps featured:
- Tripit: Tripit is for the business person on the go. The app will manage all travel information including travel tickets, hotel and food reservations, the weather, and directions. Tripit has free, pro ($49 a year), and business (starting at $29 a month) plans. (iOS, Web, Free and Paid).
- Square: Square is a portable device that allows your customers to use their credit or debit card to make a transaction from your iPhone or iPad. Just pay either a flat fee of $275 a month, or 2.75 percent of each swipe. Deposits will take effect usually in a day. (iOS, $275 or fee per swipe).
- Evernote:Evernote is a great way for small businesses to organize and keep track of notes, deals, and advice across all mobile and desktop platforms. Evernote is available on nearly every device and comes in free and paid flavors. (iOS, Android, PC, Mac, free and $10 per employee per month).
- Quickbooks Pro 2013: Quickbooks is an accounting program created by Intuit. Businesses will be able to pay bills, create reports, track inventory, create tax forms, track employee time, and everything else a business would ever need. The price starts at $249.95 for the program and another $329 for Intuit’s payroll service. (PC & Mac, $249.95 for basic program).
- Dropbox Business:Dropbox is the standard when it comes to storing files on the cloud — and now it caters to small and medium businesses. Share and upload files for employees to see around the globe. Try the free trial. (All Devices, Free and Paid)
Visit NerdWallet.com to see all 25 apps to run your business. Download and go!
Join our email list to stay connected.