The Atlanta Business League was established in 1933 as an affiliate of the National Business League, founded by Booker T. Washington. ABL serves the role as minority business developer and advocate, it seeks to provide economic empowerment and business development opportunities throughout the metropolitan Atlanta area with specific emphasis on the development of African-American businesses.
March 5, 2014—The Atlanta Business League installed its new board of directors. This new board is expected to uphold the organization’s mission of promoting development of successful business owned by African Americans in metro Atlanta.
Atlanta Business League’s 2014 officers and board of directors:
- Chair: Mark Parker, CEO, ALL(n)1 Security Service, Inc
- Chair-Elect: Egbert Perry, chairman and CEO, The Integral Group, LLC
- Secretary: Daryll H. Griffin, president, Accolades, Inc.
- Treasurer: Lonnie Saboor, manager, Small Business Finance, Invest Atlanta
- Past Chairman: Thomas W. Dortch, Jr., president & CEO, TWD, Inc.
- Vice Chairs: Brandon Riddick-Seals, Business Opportunity; Rukiya Eaddy, Education; Tiffany Callaway-Ferrell, Membership; Jarrod Jordan, Public Policy; Lolita Browning Jackson, Marketing & Public Relations; and Laron Walker, Technology
- Board Directors: Dennis Boyden, JC Burton, Alexis Davis-Smith, Cynthia Day, John Deushane, Howard Hartley, Joseph Hudson, Milton Jones, Felicia Lewis, Candy Moore, Dr. William Pickard, Erica Qualls, Charmaine Ward, Willie A. Watkins, Leona Barr-Davenport, Leonard Jenkins, Jr. and Tashwanda Pinchback Dixon.
“We are pleased to engage a board of directors that represent a variety of Atlanta’s business and industries, large companies and small,” said Leona Barr-Davenport, Atlanta Business League president and CEO. “Their range of expertise will be invaluable to the Atlanta Business League. I am confident that, with their leadership, we will have the vision and ability to help excel African-American businesses and entrepreneurs in our community.”
Join our email list to stay connected.