By Shekinah Harper, Editorial Intern
Summer is a time of relaxation, but just in case you can’t get away, take a mental vacation with these summer reads.
1. Across That Bridge: Life Lessons and a Vision for Change by John Lewis
Gain guidance on how to create a more peaceful society, as Lewis looks back at the Civil Rights Movement to inspire those who want to change the world.
2. It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership by Colin Powell
One of America’s most iconic figures creates a message of strength and endurance to show readers how to achieve a more fulfilling life and career.
3. Success Through Stillness: Meditation Made Simple by Russell Simmons
New York Times bestselling author teaches readers how to find balance within their life through finding inner peace.
4. Everybody’s Got Something by Robin Roberts
The Good Morning America anchor recounts her life and lessons learned in her memoir which encourages readers to believe in their own strength.
5. Raise Your Hand if You Have Issues: If You Didn’t Raise Your Hand You’re Lying by Michael Baisden
This best seller pushes the reader to take a deeper look at themselves in order to achieve success and press toward their dreams.
Join our email list to stay connected.