By Shekinah Harper, Editorial Intern
Wednesday isn’t like its other counterparts. It’s in the middle. It’s not Monday, where you’re feeling revived and mentally prepared for your five-day workweek, and it’s not Friday. No day is like Friday. When polls were conducted asking people what day of the week they hate the most, most people responded Wednesday, surprisingly, instead of Monday. Most people agree to hate waking up to the reality of going to work on Monday after an eventful weekend, but they hate the anxiety of waiting for the next weekend to arrive. To ease your hump day blues, and give you something to look forward to, here’s a list of the top events in Atlanta this weekend:
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Miami Dolphins: Support our Falcons as they kick off pre-season and compete against the Miami Dolphins this Friday at 7 p.m. www.atlantafalcons.com/
- Downtown Restaurant Week: Enjoy brunch, lunch and dinner cuisine from the neighborhood’s best restaurants starting this Saturday! Tickets are available at $15, $25 or $35. www.atlantadowntown.com/
- 2014 Ford Neighborhood Awards: Hosted by Steve Harvey, the awards show will be held this Saturday, featuring performers such as Anthony Hamilton, Ne-Yo, India Arie, Tamela Mann and many more. Make sure to purchase your ticket before they sell out! www.neighborhoodawards.com/
- The Sweet Auburn Music Fest: This annual festival is a great activity for the entire family to enjoy. It will be held this Saturday through Sunday on Auburn Avenue. www.flash.sweetauburnmusicfest.com/#!
- Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals: Join the Braves as they play against the Washington Nationals and celebrate their history with Braves alumni. www.atlanta.braves.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=atl
Join our email list to stay connected.